Monday, January 31, 2005

bloody start to the week

The title speaks for itself. I don't wish to elaorate further to save you from ultimate disgust.

However, it connotes my morning. Was supposed to finish the competitive analysis for this month already since it's the last day of Jan. (I feel that I am mentioning "competitive analysis" for every past few entries? I hate them!) And NO freakin' soul told me that files placed in the server under "Public" folder will be thrashed weekly. And so Yours truly, happy with her report saved them (I'm a Ctrl-S freak!! ask cut6!!) on the server. This morning, when I opened it, it was "Good Morning. Your files are lost. Have a good time re-analysing them." I was speechless. Utter disgust. The thoughts of typing them was orh-kay. But the hardest part is analysing them!!! After silently cursing and swearing, I had no choice but to re-do them. So demoralising.

It was time to be the receptionist. Upon reaching the desk, I complaint to i and she mentioned that I could call the IT manager to rectify it and revive my folder. Upon hearing that, wah! I was over the moon (!).

Before I went up to be the receptionist, I went in to see my supervisor, t. He was away for the past week in Hong Kong. Only came back today. So I went in, introduced myself and all. Boy, he's sooooooo young! Unlike the other ADs! Hee hee! He just electrified me earlier on when we met along corridor, without knowledge of each other. I did not even dare to look into him. Haha. He has cute smile. I feel like a bitchy biatch. Tsk tsk! We talked and he asked me questions which I could not handle well despite king rajan's guidance. I feel like I have shamed the cohort. Questions like, "What do you know about us?" I blew it off by saying "It's very fast-paced (DUH!) but I suppose it's like that in the ad industry (DOUBLE DUH!!) and people here are nice, very helpful." Period. He gave me a shocked face saying, "That's it? Only 2 things?" and I returned a sheepish smile, like fy. Gosh, I cannot take it already. Everytime he walks by or coming towards my direction, I'd either dodge or just pretend to look intently into my work. What a pretender!! st gave silly ideas about passing notes under table asking him out for date.One word: SIAO!!!

---

Saturday was shopping with j, j and e at OneUtama. Mall was so huge, tried on many tops but (in m's words) nothing to show off, poor thing! Yah, poor thing! Which was why I told you, "hope you get a job fast then come here and shop with me! Dude!! And eu dear called from uk. I thought it was just a normal "hie,how have you been. etc etc" call but when she broke down, I was freaked out! Goodness, never hear her breaking apart like that before. Eu, I know it's hard for you but you have to learn to cope with it. You're alone there, we're so far apart. All I can give is just emotional support via the www. I cannot be there physically so hang on and I strongly believe that you are able to get a grip when you've decided to move on and thrash things out with the jerk, the mustard!!! I have to watch my language as I don't wish to indulge in vulgarity. Sunday was boring. Server was down in hostel and all I could do was to watch the Singapore drama, "The Champions" on VCD.

Oooh! t is in the vicinity!! *Feels heart* Thump. Thump. Thump. Hahahaha just kidding! i feel like there's quite a feast for my eyes in office and outside office. mummy's boy, k and t. k is not back from meeting with client yet. Ahhh the same troublesome client that I am working on for the competitive analysis report. Called the IT manager and he said I have to wait till the end of the day before he can put them back. It's about 2 hrs 30 mins before office hour ends. What do I do in the meantime? Do I proceed with the filing or pop by t's office and ask for work or continue surfing the www.? Last option could mean a drop in my internship grade. *shakes head* Tell me, tell me.

1 comment:

the devil herself said...

darling, you can post anonymously la! dude! hahaah but anyway blogger is better, allows more flexibility though the ready made templates can be frusfrating. but i think it's better than xanga. :)