Saturday, February 18, 2006

End of Torture Part I.

(Edited at 8:01pm)

Woke up and felt like floating. The world is spinning at a considerably slow speed. I cannot even walk in a straight line. I've never felt THIS tired before. Gosh! Was watching TV and fell asleep unknowingly. I am very tired. Very, very tired. Mentally. This is harder than tired physically.

I don't even know if I should take dinner. At this time? I'd just go bathe and go to bed.

Bye. *Talking gibberish*

----------

Yesterday, or rather this morning, marked the first part of my torture. The directory has been put to bed and it's now printing in progress. We finished the entire thing at freaking 5.30 am today. The latest that I've clocked. Or, should I say the earliest that I've clocked. In the midst of cursing and swearing with the designer, we managed to pull through.

I'd like to hereby thank my designer (him) for the hard, hard work. It was all our blood and sweat, coupled with my anger and frusfration. *Sheepish smile*. He didn't even had time to sleep whilst I caught some winks on the chair. Thanks, my dear designer.

I cannot say enough and I feel bad because he had to forgo his time with his brother who came from his home country (for the first time) and it happened to be bad experience. Sorry, brother. Haha. And I, had to cancel my appointment with my #1 buddy, shum. So sorry, shum. I promise to make it back to you.

Admist all of us (other designers included, rushing other work) burning midnight oil for the past two months, I think we managed to bond well together. We're all very happy working as a team. Yes, that's the spirit; I say.

I'm truly tired and never expected myself to last that long, till dawn breaks. It just marks part 2 of MMR (in SP with cut6). Shudders. I hope I am not doing this next year.

I will now go and clean up after cooking my lunch. (Look at the time! Lunch?!! Sad.)

Here are a few things that the designer said which we thought it was a good joke.

1. How are we going to bring the Mac down? Take bus ah!!?? *Horrified look on his face*
2. Ya what, (boss' name) so stingy. (It's the straight-face expression that made all of us cracked.)
3. I'm going to queue up for Singapore Idol tomorrow. Good right? I don't waste time; I just go after completting the directory. It's at Toa Payoh HDB Hub only what.

Item 3 was only heard by me because it was mentioned yesterday but I thought that was a good joke because I cannot imagine him going for SI.

I think late nights give birth to lame jokes. To end off, I think this story is somehow apt.

No comments: