Friday, September 30, 2005

Daily becomes Weekly.

I've been cutting short of my entries from an average of 5 to 2 per week. I'm just so dead tired to blog after work. Everyday, I tell myself this: "Once you get home, bathe then rest for the evening." But when I got home, it's in this order: Sit, rest, watch TV, wake up from accidental sleep to realise it's time to bathe. I badly need discipline. Lucky the gramps are back to bring my life in order again. Phew!

On a lighter note, the toughest job is over. YAY! What's the toughest job, you ask? Answer: doing a manual in Chinese. Yes, translating (the translator & typesetter does it) but I need to check against client's changes before giving client the artwork. If you know me well enough, you know I cannot do Chinese for peanuts. Not at all. So completing this job is like a heavy rock off my body. Client & I went to the translator's office yesterday to finish and wrap up the long-overdue job and we finished by 7pm. It's an achievement, I tell you.

As I thought I could sashay home, a call from a production house sent an electric shock to my entire body, freezing it. I forgot about an ad for Recruit Section tomorrow. It has to be sent in earlier. I quickly called the client; we managed to pull through. The BOMB: we have to pay a 10% surcharge. Holy cow dung!!! Client was hopping mad and so was boss. Boss even had to write an appeal letter to publisher to waive off the surcharge.

I admit this is truly my fault. Really, I shouldn't have forgotten. What was on my mind, you ask? Tell you the truth, a million and one things are going on. Late last week and early this week, I had too much on my plate. I really felt like throwing in the towel already but I gritted my teeth and tongue and survived.

I could barely sit at my workstation for 5 minutes before I've to brief designer(s) or go out for meetings. I was in such a mad rush that I screwed up everything. And I mean everything. I sent out artwork without checking and missed some most of the deadlines.

Two rights make a left. How many lefts make a right?

5 comments:

the devil herself said...

my maths is bad. how does 3 lefts make 1 right?

Winn said...

my maths is bad too..
but imagine you are standing in a circle and are facing north ..then turning 3 90degree fr there is as tho as you are turning a one time Right from north..
Err..makes sense ar? Confusing ar? duno how to explain ler. hehe

the devil herself said...

har....??? i'm lost from the start.

kesimpulannya, i'm lost. :S

are all AEs bad in maths ah?

Winn said...

thats why we AEs got belinda mah..hiak hiak hiak

the devil herself said...

wahahahaha!! but there aren't many belindas around ler. :S