Shortcuts DON'T bring you success. Never.
Wanting to take a shortcut route to fetch the twins to school just now, I whammed into a Mercedes. Fortunately and unfortunately, it belonged to dad's good friend. Fortunately because he's someone we know. Unfortunately because he's someone we know and thus there's the issue of awkwardness. He wouldn't receive any compensation and I felt bad. So do my parents. Sighs! Mercedes, it's a bloody MERCEDES, can!!! He must be cursing and swearing at me inside.
Someone I know love taking shortcuts (in life). He ends up a failure that ashames his family and people he knows (so called friends) shun him. What a shame. Of course, he's a proud and arrogant to begin with. Will not take "No" for an answer.
I'm in quite a dilemma now that they have an offer for me; but it's not a full-time position. Rather, it's contract-based and it's for a couple of months. Couple of months! Means I've to go back into job hunting after that. An Events Exec position asked for a picture. That could mean an interview on the way. And the agency that I went to last Friday might get back to me with a full-time position. I'm confused.
Monday, July 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment