My deficiency in Mandarin has done me in this time. I can speak but can't write and read. So I am crippled. Rejected outright. "In this world, now, no one can say they don't know Chinese except the English. Even then, a lot of English are picking up the language." Just as well that they're honest. However, I feel defeated and my confidence deflated accordingly. What a start to the week.
Wanted to drop by Plaza Singapura for some retail therapy and self-pampering session but that wouldn't do my bank account and wallet good. Plus, looking at my toenails (what toenails?!), they seem hopeless for pedicure.
In then end, splurged on food. 2 waffles, Fruitree Apple & Aloe Vera and Pringles. All under $10 and most importantly, it's as good as retail therapy. Only difference: didn't do much damage to wallet.
Meanwhile, I am still hopelessly hopeful for the reply from them. Am I asking for a beating?
Forlorn and depressed.
Monday, May 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sying : i think u havta call them back if u don't hear anything from them in 2 weeks' time ..
rockerbye: you are....tan?
i sent a thank you note today. hope i can hear from them this week. else, yes, i am calling next week (when 2 weeks' up)
-s.y.
Post a Comment