Sunday, May 08, 2005

Past Few Days

Went back home for the weekend and when I returned, my tagboard was alive! Hahaha! This gives me enough motivation to blog. Anyway, I went back home for the weekend and this were the updates for the 3 days that I went missing.

Thursday: Went for interview with this agency. I went in and she surely have very good memory, remembering that I was sitting on her right during the Post-IP lunch reception. She actually said, "I've seen you before right? During the lunch, you were sitting on my right!" This shows what good memory she possess. Scary, sometimes. Anyway, I went in, we chatted as if she was my old friend. We talked about my origin, my family size and to my ultimate goal in life: open a bakery of my own. We even talked about baking. Gosh, I think this is going to be down the drain. Some of my answers were so vague she had to repeat her questions. Will get the outcome early this week. My performance is scaring me for the upcoming one on Tuesday. Oh, and the MD asked, "Don't you think you're kiasu, going into job market now when everyone is taking a break?" Hello, how not to be kiasu when I am surrounded by kiasu locals?? :P

It was followed by mini-reunion and dinner with cut6; minus super editor and minah. In the midst of deciding where to have our dinner, call from the company that I went interview as media sales rep. I got shortlisted; ie I got the job offer. Wanted my immediate reply. I rejected them. (Feels damn great to be able to reject, ok! ;P) But it was after much consideration. It's not what I really want to do and not the exposure that I want. I want to work on FMCGs (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) and dynamic acocunts that I spend most of my time in office, even to the extent of camping overnight. Call me mad but I like this. Could be that I have age on my side, I can still "pia".

Friday: On the journey home, it then dawned to me that it's been 5 whole months since I went home by bus. I didn't become more appreciative of bus journey. In fact, I dreaded it. Nevertheless, boy, it certainly felt gooddddddd to be home again. :))

Saturday: Someone from an ad agency (recommendation from Her Highness) called and asked to see me. I told him that I am now out of Singapore and I asked if we could meet next week but he's going away to KL for project. He asked me a little about me over the phone: "Are you married?" [(?!!!?) because he heard children at the background.] and "What do you think are your strengths?" Hope he remembers to call me to make an appointment this week. In the afternoon, down with sinus. Serious one. The BP gang had "lim teh" session which I had to miss simply because I could not stop sneezing and gradually, my eyes were tearing like I was weeping hard.

Sunday: Mother's Day but I did not buy anything, did not do anything, did not with the 2 mothers, even. Did not slip off my mind but I felt that my presence and my company is good enough. OK, whack me for being lazy and unthoughtful. But hey, do you only shower your mum with love and concern only on Mother's Day? Hell, no, I hope!!

I'm at aunt sp's place. I dreaded returning to her place because of the numerous issues we had. Don't want to talk about it, no point talking about it anyway. I feel sad and stressed here but all these will be gone in about 3 weeks' time when I move into uncle ek's place. I cannot wait.

Right, I've to do some research on tomorrow's agency and tuck-in early. Trying to keep myself in high spirits.

No comments: