Got awaken by the constant vibration of my silenced phone this morning. Could not be a sms; when I saw an unknown number, it did not strike me that it'd be a call for interview. Speaking with my just-woke-up voice, I scrambled around looking for a piece of paper to jot down the details. Only to discover 5 minutes after hanging up, I forgot to note the time. Lucky my brain cells remained active for that short period and I quickly jot down: 9.30am. Morning this time, yes. What I have been wanting but the thought of waking up early shuns me. I need practise. Oh, this is for the position of AE in a brand communications agency, a contact gotten from dear ol' Mr Ang. Thanks, Andrew! :P
About 45 minutes later, I got another call. Unknown land line number, I got more cautious this time. Guess who? This one!! The Singapore office. GREAT! I was so elated, I jumped and screamed around after hanging up. Appointment on Tuesday evening, 6pm. Yes, it's late but give me more time to pump the confidence juice into my brain. Yes, I want the top dollar. I am not shy to admit. I also want to soar high up in the industry. I want to make big bucks, be a top-notch leading advertising woman. Ok, time to get back to reality. Nevertheless, I want to be (in ziggy's words) "the eagle soaring high up in the sky". In a nutshell, dare to dream for that is what pushes you forward. Dream Big.
Sky's dark here, I presume a heavy rainpour. Which is a bad sign as I have to get out of the house by 4pm to go for the 5pm interview. Wish me luck, again. Searching for the place yesterday with fy and her friend was tedious. Teaches me NEVER to recky the place on the day of your interview.
ALWAYS go a day (at least) before your scheduled time. You can be a big big sweaty goofball while you are searching for the place. BUT NEVER be a sweaty interviewee. You don't want to interview a sweaty candidate too, do you? Always put yourself in the other party's shoes.
Despite the fact that it's time to prepare for the interview, I am still here blogging. Shows how much of a procrastinator I am.
Meeting fy, pw and lq for dinner in town later. cut6 mini reunion minus minah and super-editor.
I'm out of here. =)
Thursday, May 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HeYhey! I see an aspiring young lady! All da best =)
wei wei....ur tag board sux big time la! how many times i posted but it never showed! use mine la! hehehe!
i've been aspiring to beat you, martian! wahahahaha! btw, i am back! meetup meetup k?
-s.y.
Post a Comment