Monday, May 23, 2005

Not for the Faint Hearts.

Whenever I go home, I'll most probably busy resting and put blogging at a hiatus. I do have the intention to write but laziness just got the better out of me.

Alas, I visited him on Saturday afternoon. Fulfilled my promise. ling was saying it's been 5 years, how time flies. Uh huh, I agree.

Saturday evening was family outing to the fun fair (yes, BP has fun fair) and I must say I shan't impose a "Fear Factor" on myself in future. The "Air Force" ride scared the hell out of me. The girl beside me must be puzzled because I didn't scream as normal people would have. I was busy gasping for air. I thought I'd have a heart attack up there. Yeah, up there. We were thrown left, right, center and for a while, I thought I was going to be flung out. At the same time, I had to worry about the twins, in case they were flung out too, especially Victoria who's extremely thin. It's a bad dare I gave myself.

I hate, absolutely detest watching my team ending matches in penalty shootouts. I tell you why. One, I've to spend the time worrying about them and most importantly, they always tend to lose on penalty. Urgh! The same goes to watching the match stretch to ExtraTime. All these meant I've to spend another 45 minutes agonizing and worrying about MU. Best thing is, Arsenal won. Can't imagine how furious I got with Scholes!! So angry, I am loss for words. And the nincompoop got to be at the match and went on ranting about it. How unfair! jas, let's save enough money and go UK first! Hmmph!

But it was a nice feeling to be able to curse & swear at your team after missing the action for about 3 years. Reminiscing the days when we were so caught up in footie mania, 2am or 4am, not a problem. I'd creep down and make sure I get to stay for the entire match without getting caught! ;)

The most memorable had to be in May 1999 when they won the Treble. Tsk tsk. During that time, we were so fanatic and I remembered we were with MU all the way, man! Never missed an important match. Still remember eu was so happy when she opened a Coke to celebrate.

I missed those times!! Baby-faced assassin, Teddy the bear, Stam who should grow some hair to cushion the ball proper and the list goes on. When MU scores, either mine or eu's house phone will ring. Half-time, full-time, we'll call each other to curse & swear or praise the team. Ahh...those were the times.

Sunday afternoon was out with maddie jabir (how she's going to skin me). Her driving skills + sense of direction makes her a total flop driver!! :P jas, I know you're reading this but you should know by now that I am brutally honest! Sitting in her car is definitely not for the faint hearts! Lala~ We talked about the old times, the present and the future. Didn't strike me that the culture she lives in is so out of the norm and it's tough being in her religion. Though we were friends so dinosaur years, I was not aware of that till recently.

Right, it's lunchtime now. Better fill up my stomach before mustering my courage to face yet another stressful day tomorrow.

2 comments:

midniteangel11 said...

lol....this one cracks me up sy....cant believe u remembered abt me opening a coke bottle to celebrate the winning of manu on european final nite!!woo hoo..those were the days. sorry la i was going on and on abt being there to watch it! its just that it is beyond my dream.....ever imaginable to be there in that position. dun angry arrr.....good write-up.... at least butt butt was not there to suffer the disgrace ;-)

Anonymous said...

nahhh not angry at all! i remember lar! suddenly in the middle of nowhere you cannot find champange, errr coke will do some mre 4+ in the morning leh! 4+ right?

yah i realized i am a MU fan afterall! not follow BUTT wherever he goes. aiyo that is bad also. sighs! but he's nowhere to be heard and seen now!!

-s.y.