Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Finally something relevant

I am glad. Finally I am doing something relevant tomorrow. Something that I have learnt in my course. Something that I have heard before hitting internship. Press Conference. YES! Heard from cl, media buyer, that Pana******* is having a press conference tomorrow. So I asked what they do prior to that and etc. After lunch, ko, the AD asked me to get the press release in Chinese translation from traffic, h. And email to the client; at his work station. I get this "You don't really belong here" feeling because I don't get a company email. Is it tedious to set up a temporary company email for an intern? But anyway, I was printing out the press releases and organising them (read: staple them neatly) when ko came. I asked him what time is the press release tomorrow and he said, "3.30. Do you want to go?" Me: "Can I?" ko: "Can. But there's nothing to learn." :) Finally, I get to go for a press release!! It's going to be at the hotel where we had our company CNY dinner. Yay yay! I got to go for press conference! ko also informed me about a photoshoot on Thursday which I can go look-see too! Yay! Why all the good stuffs come when I am leaving this department?

-----
pw and I were talking this morning. And she pointed out so many things that I should not harp on ehemtehem. She hit the bull's eyes. What she said was so logical but I was the irrational one who refuses to probe deeper and get to the root of the problem and face up to reality. Sigh, slap me, pw. Slap me!!

Tell me your response. Will you want to get to know guy A, who is a such a looker (to you, obviously) or guy B who is a not-so-good-looking chap? First of all, if he is not good looking, you would not even consider getting to know him further, right? Looks count. First impressions are very important.

What are your standards of a good man? One who does not smoke, drink and has a career and treats people well? Are those YOUR standards or is it the SOCIETY'S?

No comments: