Sunday, February 06, 2005

Out Of The Blue

Seindah tiada lagi kau ku ingatkan
Sayang kau hilang
Menanti biar sampai akhir hayat ku di dunia ini

Kau tahu bertapa ku sayang padamu
Hanya bidadari sebagai ganti
Hanya takdir menentukan ia
Oh belaian jiwa

Oh angin, sampaikan lagu ku padanya
yang sedih pilu
Terimalah lagu ku jadi teman hidup mu
Untuk selamanya

Kau tahu bertapa ku sayang padamu
Hanya bidadari sebagai ganti
Hanya takdir
Menentukan ia
Oh belaian jiwa
----------
I am amazed. I can memorise the lyrics and sing along with it. However, on Friday, I struggled to speak in Malay when I was trying to say "Excuse me, could you spare about 5-10 minutes of your time completing a survey for me? We're doing a survey on mobile phones." This, I could rattle off smoothly within a minutes' time, in English. But in Malay, sigh! My respondents looked at me despondently and I see the pain in them trying to make out what I was trying to say. Maybe I need to go back for Malay lessons.

Out of the blue, I feel like dedicating the song above to sc who is the dearest friend I ever had. Thank you for always being there for me and accepting me for who I am and putting up with my nonsense and crapping with me and all the whole lot of nonsense. I hope you're well up there.

-Rest In Peace-

No comments: