Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Regrets

I did not go for the press conference, in the end. n threw me research work and I only had around 3 hours (inclusive of lunch time!!) to complete a whole list of things she needed. She needed it by the end of the day and according to her it's p.m. So, my bubble burst. Sure, you could say just tell her you want to go for the press conference. I did and she asked if I was going back to office. Yes and she said she'll wait for me. How she needs it urgently. Anyway, m said I could go for the conference only if I do not have pending work. And since I could not hand up my work within the stipulated time (they were leaving for conference at 2.15pm), I could only express my regret to m and told her I could not go. Despite my enthusiasm the entire morning. Helping her to get ready copies of press release. Disappointed and regrets filled up my entire afternoon. Consolation was that I get to pack up and leave office early. For once. I left about 6. When I got back to the room, I could still see the sun. Thank God! It's the first time I left that early.

Made a lil' fool of myself just now. Was heading up to pay a colleague for my lunch. Opened the door, saw k (mummy's boy) and another colleague smoking. I began to head down instead of up the stairs. After three steps, I felt something wrong and by that time, k called out my name and I turned around. Wondering, I walked up, the right way. He laughed and said, "I was wondering what..." and I quickly butted in with, "I've gone cuckoo already. *smile*"

What an embarassment! A friend of mine *ahempwahem* went round in circles when she chanced upon a handsome dude in her building. Literally round in circles. Whilst I went horizontally. Hahz!

And did I mention I left the office early? Yes, I did. I see that as an achievement. Yay! And met k again at the lift. He was off to see client, I was heading home. Congratulations, me!

No comments: