Friday, March 04, 2005

End of the First Junction

Another day has passed. Another Friday. Another week. End of week 6. Phew! 6 more to go. Steady ah, steady. Keeps chanting, "Endure, endure." to myself. How long before I crumple at their mercy? I don't know. I feel safe with s as my boss.

I used her (s) as a "shield" today when m asked me to continue the report for the client. This particular client is known to be very very extremely fussy. The whole company knows; and hates their habits. But anyway, m asked if I had been cutting newspaper and my reply was: "I did but the March one you have to do it youself". "Why?!?!!!" And my reply was, "Because s said when I am in media, I am to do media stuffs." Then she simply snatched the newspaper cuttings from me and exclaimed "FINE!!!" But me, being the good girl offered to complete the February report. When I went down to give her back the blade, she was being good, doing her job herself. Wtf!

Simply because you are lazy and you push your work to me. What happens when I am done interning? Get the next intern to cut is it? I pity the next intern who is coming right after me. Poor gurl. Maybe she will click better with the fakeys. Hmmph, I don't fancy their company any longer.

s asked me to do up the media scheduling for the mobile phone that the fussy client is launching. This proposal from publisher KK nearly made me cry. I was so stressed out because 1- cl said s hardly ask any intern to do this and this is considered P&C, what with all the rates and special deals our client enjoy. And 2- it's because s asked me to do it personally! Not through sk or cl!! That made me more stressed out. I had to make sure that every line is properly drawn and every figure is right. Ran into some problems as I did not understand the package. See, this package with publisher KK was discussed before I joined media. So I had a hard time understanding their confusing offers. s had no time to explain to me today and will shelf it till Monday. :S

Anyway, one proposal came in yesterday (Whoa! So efficient uh? Read on.) and s asked me to review and tally it. Everthing went well till I spotted the mistake. We wanted 1/2 page vertical ad. They quoted 1/3. What the....Our brief fell on deaf ears is it! Stupid not! How to make our product visible with such small ad space! Stupid fools! What is the use of a brief then??! So much for efficiency. Words fell on ghosts' ears!!

Next week is the second and last week with s. Who's going to protect my @$$ after this??

No comments: