Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Learner for the Day

I was really a learner for today. Learnt a lot from s. Started the day covering some work for cl as she went for her medical checkup. Lil' did we know she was early and came into office by 9a.m.!! After that, s came and asked me if I wanted to sit in for meetings with a few media owners today. Of course, being me, I agreed enthusiastically. I did not know her "few" meant FIVE and it was quite a hecctic day for her. The first, with B.I (I cannot put the full names of the media here. So you just have to figure it out yourself! Or ask me when you see me in person? If you remember, that is.) Anyway the first with B.I, which carries MC (I, too cannot reveal the name of publication) and I sat in quietly listening to her brief. She was quick and terse with the guy. No nonsense, as she put it. Learnt subtle things like how to handle and talk to the media owners.

Luckily I jot down notes on the brief and what she was looking for. Else, I would have been done for. s asked me to brief the last two media owners. Wahhh!!! I was so nervous that suddenly, my mind went point blank when I tried recalling what she had said earlier. Lucky I managed to compose myself and recollect the points. So I went into the conference room and briefed. s had to go out so she came in halfway. Phew! Saved by s! Haha I was hoping I did not give the media owner insufficient information or inaccurate information!!

I see my old self resurging. I talk more, smile at people, laugh to myself. Yeah sounds silly but hey, that is me!! And s said my suggestions were good.

Happy as a pig. :)

No comments: