Wednesday, March 23, 2005

One down. One more to go.

I had 2 issues to settle after internship- job-seeking and accommodation. Now, I am left with one. Accommodation is settled. Will be staying with the maternal gramps at uncle ek's place. uncle ek has been offered to relocate in China and he gave a nod. Good for him, his future. I sort of regretted that I did not study harder for Chinese classes so that I can go China for future development. It's a huge huge market out there and very potential. Anyway, uncle ek and family will be moving in June, leaving gramps behind. So we cleverly suggested that I take up one of the room and gramps can continue to stay on. All the old folks have in Singapore is now uncle ek and in future, me. Wah, huge burden on my shoulders. However, at least I will be pampered by them! Bye bye, outside MSG-laden food! Bye, bye boredom!! :)

On the other side, job-search has been slow for me. Partly because I am still tidying up my resume and cover letter. After one month, yes. I am slow slow slow. But I need reassurance that my cover letter does not get into the bin! Mr Ang is too busy to see to my resume and he said it's too early. Not Mr Ang from SB, SP. Mr Ang from my intern company. And rajan is probably searching for exam scripts. I mean, look at the mess on his table. I'm always apalled by his ability to get to class with the right materials.

Been doing creatives for a client. The Creative Director gave me this exercise (sounds so primary-ish but this was exactly what she said.) since she was told I was very keen. Huh? Keen? I was keen in asking for work, yes. That's because I don't want to crack my head on the daily activities for my logbook! The client was a tough one to work on. Tomorrow's the deadline and I only managed to come up with 2 print ads, 3 radio scripts and 4 TVCs. I have a couple of ideas in running, though. I hope I can at least pass.

The previous radio ad for this client was rejected by the CD. She said yes, the copy answers the brief and the client will probably buy the idea; but it's not creative enough. Push yourself, sy. Push harder! If I wanted a career in Creative, I'd go to her nonetheless. She pushes you to the max and wants you to do out-of-the-box ideas. Really outstanding ideas. I feel the stress with her when she was birefing me about the exercise. The kind of pressure never felt before in other departments, not even with Media.

It was the stress of pushing myself creatively. She mentioned that I do have some ideas in my copy but as my copy just don't stand out. As a copywriter, you have to push youself and sky's the limit. Wow. Upon hearing that, I am even more determined NOT to go into creatives! Hee Hee!!

No comments: