Am in the Production Dept this week. The sup is definitely helpful and willing to fill me in with his knowledge and experience. Yesterday, being the first day; I already felt like information overloading me. Plus, I was sleepy, what with staying up till 3am to watch my korean drama. Anyway, the supervisor taught me the basics and even said he'd arrange to ask for me to go to the printer and colour separator and bla bla bla. He even told the production assistant to arrange for my visits and the assistant ALSO stuffed in alot of info into me and I have to admit that it is indeed, they are quite hard to digest. But both of them are VERY nice! The assistant said I might be going to the printer tomorrow or something. He called and asked already. Yay!
Glad that there are people who are willing to teach me. I am keen on learning about production but there are so many things that needs experience to help you. My sup has 25 years of experience. So loaded that at one glance, he knows that the colour for our client's logo is incorrect yesterday morning. So, he asked to throw away ALL the proofs that has been printed. Wahh such a waste. But even the Production Manager is not satisfied, so cannot imagine how the client will react upon seeing them.
The entire team for this client worked very hard for the past weekend. As I was recording the timesheets for billing purposes, everyone in the team came in on Saturday and worked till Sunday, 4a.m. :O And after a futsal match yesterday, 3 of them (inclusive of the Production Asst) even went back to the office and worked round the clock. The Studio Manager had not gone back when I came in this morning. The Art Director went home about 8+ and the Production Asst went home at 5.30a.m. I really shudder at the thought of being in the Production line. Non-stop, round the clock. Not everyone can take it.
Was awoken by the tremor this morning. 1230a.m. Was wondering who the hell was shaking my bed and why was it shaking so vigorously. Much to my horror, my roommate was changing and shouting for me to change, too. Felt blur for a while but after collecting my thoughts, I grabbed my cellphone and keys and both of us made a dash for our lives. Turned out to be earthquke in Sumatra; just as I expected an earthquake in Indonesia. An experience that I think I will not forget since it's so impactful- woke me up from sleep!!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment