Been a long long time since I last updated. Production came and went. So fast. Time zooms by when you're having good time. Colleague b brought me to a colour separator on wednesday. Indeed, a breath-taking (literally!!) experience. The procedures they go through, how they mix colours, especially Pantone colours. It's all by experience. -faints- If as a newbie, to enter the industry, it'd take several years before you can work independently. It's certainly not easy. Supervisor k was very very helpful. Arranged visits for me and pumped information into me. Literally pump. Monday, I was already overload. Everyday he'd ask what I have learnt the day before (he's always out of office to see suppliers in the afternoon); leaving b to pump info into me. Well, I truly had fun at the Production Dept. Only regret is not able to visit a printer because they were not doing our jobs and going there when they're doing other clients' job isn't something they welcome. Ah well! But k said perhaps over lunchtime sometime next week, bring me out for a couple of hours should not be a problem. Since in traffic=still in creative. :P I learnt about 10% of how the Production people worked.
Best thing is I got to take some materials the agency did!! :P b showed me so many things and gave me stuffs they did. Needless to say, I helped myself since I know that I could take. k even gave me the progressive proofs, a set of films and some tent cards, booklets, boxes they did for client. The boxes and tentcards are raw, as in they ain't folded up. I'll lay my hands on them soon! Hee Hee! And I discovered a "secret"- they use double sided tapes to tape the folds!! So many materials that we see, are taped using double sided tapes! Not glue! Of course, they have to be special double-sided tapes.
Traffic next. h seemed nice when I informed her about next week. Let's see how it goes. Meanwhile, here's something about my wonderful and talented cousin.
Friday, April 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment