Warning: It's going to be a long post. So adjourn, if you want to.
Yesterday marked the end of my Phase I in my life. I am a certified a fresh-from-the-oven graduate (if nothing goes wrong). I am finished with my studies. For now.
Yesterday evening saw me and colleagues (sk, m and e) at Coffee Bean, munching on crepes from Crepe Express. sk wanted to treat me to the crepe but whilst they were deciding, I went ahead with my banana parfait but she treated me to the Malibu Dreams in Coffee Bean later.
We laughed throughout the session and had real fun gossiping about others. They're making plans to make their way down to S'pore this Christmas. I can't wait. They're truly a fun bunch to be with.
Finally worked up the courage to give The supervisor the "Thank You" card after much debate with my inner self. In the end, it's because I don't want to waste my money spent on it. Heck. I got a reward for mustering my courage. Finally had the chance to talk to mummy's boy. *blushes* Was on the way down to 8th floor when he was sitting there, smoking. So I told him it was my last day. He was surprised and we chatted for about 10 minutes. Of course, my lungs suffered from the smoke. We continued as we walked into the office and....
him: You have my email, right....? So keep in touch yeah?
me: Err...actually I don't have your email. Sorry...
he fishes his wallet for his name card and gives one to me.
him: Here you go. My namecard.
me: Ok, thanks. When you do drop by Singapore, call me, I hope I can be a good tour guide.
him: *Winks* You'd better be, man! *Laughs*
What amused me was that though I was in Servicing for 5 weeks, we hardly talk. Only when I'm posted away from them, we'd talk more when we meet. Gosh, he's such innocent look. And guess his age! I even guessed he was 25 and then 30!! Truth is, he's only 23!! Young ah! ;)
s, the Media supervisor gave me my overall grading, B+. Her comments was pleasant, too. w
(the Pooh) gave me Mitch Albom's Five People You Meet In Heaven as a farewell gift. So sweet. Though we've only chatted up very recently, I feel a close connection with her. She's very beautiful so it's always a treat to stare into her. Hehehe. No worries, I am not changing direction. Her comment on me leaving footprints will always be remembered.
Only the Studio Manager got a gift (Hershey's Kisses- Cookies 'n Cream) from me because 1- I felt really bad for adding to his stress when I screwed up the FA; and 2- e told me that he's really been patient and nice with me. I thought I should give him something since I'm his FIRST 'disciple'.
The time with Mr. Ang, the Client Service Director, was tough. He asked me questions that I did not expect it from him and simply crapped through. Heck, I think he must have seen through my crap. :P
Alas, it's over. Stepping out into the working world. I dread it as much as I dreaded exams last time. However, now, I want to bury myself into books and exams again. I really wish to.
Now that I am back home, I am laying out plans for the next few days. Tomorrow morning will be short meet-up session with kelly. Afternoon swimming with kids. I was thinking of visiting him with ling. It's been what, 2 or 3 years since the last time I paid respect to him.
Monday will be faxing my logbook back to Mr Ang. Afternoon, run some errands. After that, it's reat & relax & slacking around a bit before hitting back to the lil' island on Thursday.
I am tired mentally and physically. I need to re-charge.
eu, the nincompoop, if you're reading this, THANKS for calling, yeah! I seriously miss you alot and I am waiting for my expensive presents and the apple strudels! :D
Saturday, April 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment