The roommate was saying that I could just take my friend’s resume and do a cut and paste job. I almost went wild and exclaimed, “How can you do that! You and your friend are two different people, doing different things!”
In my mind, I was wondering what kind of person are you if you don’t even want to strive to do well to present your resume. And she was happily going on about what programming languages she can copy and paste then edit a little. Apparently she is quite proud of the fact that her sisters copied each other’s resume.
Of course, you can do that and hope that you land yourself in a good company. Sweet dreams, yeah! There are so many thousands of Computer Science degree graduates out there like yourself and you are not even looking at differentiating yourself from them. Please do take in consideration that there’re other applicants who aren’t in your batch but has been unsuccessful with employment.
Plus, you tell me you won’t accept a job unless it pays you a minimum of RM2 grand. Hah! Looking at the employment market, so “nua” and tremendously spilling with unemployed graduates, do you think you are in the position to demand for AT LEAST 2 grand? I have my qualms.
Am I being too fussy because I am taught and drilled to the core, to be different and ALWAYS differentiate yourself from the 100 other Diploma in Media & Communication grads-to-be?
m has agreed to help me by emailing her counterparts in Singapore. However, she said that the company in Singapore is not doing THAT well, as compared to our agency here. In fact, they had to get rid of redundant staff in the Singapore office by ridding the copywriter to our agency. Coincidentally, he lives just across the street from my apartment last time. What a small world. Heck, Singapore IS small.
Also, in terms of billing, we're even better than the (Malaysia) sister company. Actually, I am impressed at our agency's growth rate. Barely 2 years of establishment and they secured major accounts whilst the one opposite (the sister company) has lost several big accounts. 2005 is the 4th year, if I did not remember wrongly. The "Youngest Mature Agency" Award is still hanging proudly on the wall, facing Director's room.
Lesson of the day: Never think MNCs are doing well. They have their downs, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment