Feeling restless and don't feel like fighting for survival anymore. Is that a sign of giving up? I think I am at the verge of it. Wallowing in self-pity. Telling myself that the reason for not getting responses is because I applied way too early while I was away from the island. People could feel my anxiety, all the way from Australia and Malaysia. Funny how anxiety spreads. Perhaps I should take a step back and enjoy the time I have now.
As for the missed uni chance, all I could say is that I was aiming to go Australia to have a taste of a real foreign life. Experience 4 seasons and life abroad.
Talking about spreading, here's one from dear Tracy, whilst we were at Starbucks at Holland V 4 hours ago:
"Have you heard of the butter joke? I'd better not tell you 'coz it spreads." I was speechless after seeing the sms. Totally.
By the way, did you know that Starbucks has "Study Time"? If memory served correctly, it starts from 8pm till 10pm. We thought it was silly. If so, why don't name it Starbucks Library instead of Starbucks Coffee??
The upper storey was filled with students mugging! It was pin-drop silence, minus our chitter-chatter and our intentional burst of laughter. Yeah, intentional. Scold me for being inconsiderate but I think a coffee joint is for the public to unwind and chill out, not solely for muggers. Does that mean that the non-muggers should not patron these places?
*shakes head* Then I'd say they're bound to lose much more than revenue. Reason being 1- student (read: muggers) buy a drink and hibernate there. 2- Regular patrons (read: innocent us) feel pissed and uneasy when they cannot laugh loud because muggers stare at you. 3- You lose revenue + loyalty. As we all know that CRM is the "in" thing now (besides 3G), losing customer loyalty is a hefty price to pay.
We could not enjoy and thus we left after an hour and after I felt like puking after their new Walnut Coffee brownie. The only compensation is the friendly barista to cheerup our otherwise dull day.
Friday, April 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment